Do you want to be a part of the team that is reinventing drug research & development? tellic is searching for an experienced, motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to implement and support our cutting-edge data science tools for the pharmaceutical industry.
Become a member of the core team that is bringing next-generation data technologies to the world's top pharmaceutical companies. tellic is shaping $150 billion of pharmaceutical R&D decisions using cutting-edge data science technology. This is a chance to get in on the ground level at one of NYC's fastest-growing tech startups in the white-hot space of life science AI.
At tellic, we value culture as much as technical craft. Our values include creating a highly collaborative team of A+ players who build cool stuff that drives a real business impact. In fact, the name tellic means "deliberate, with an outcome, and with impact."
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack Python environment running on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This individual will partner with data scientists and data engineers to determine the best strategy for providing our customers with high-performance models, tools, and award-winning service. The ideal candidate will be an innate hacker who loves learning new things, redefining standard practices and is willing to do what it takes to solve problems.
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure on the GCP platform using technologies like Python and Airflow
- Design scalable solutions that can seamlessly integrate with our customers’ technologies (AWS, on-prem Hadoop, etc.)
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate the latest technology, best practices, and cross application integrations
- Day-to-day collaboration with data scientists to influence design and architect solutions in modern serverless environments
- BS in computer science or related technical field or equivalent experience (MS is a plus)
- 10+ years total experience
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps with heavy experience supporting production Python environments
- Hands-on experience with operations support (e.g. job monitors, error handling, environment creation)
- Hands-on experience supporting Big Data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Docker)
- Hands-on experience working with standard Big Data indexing and search technologies
- 1-2 years of cloud experience desired (GCP a plus)
- Leader and problem solver who thrives at the challenge of building DevOps from the ground up
- Some startup experience required
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an exciting, dynamic environment
- High energy; continuous desire to learn/grow; intellectual curiosity
- Self-sufficient, resourceful, able to work independently
- Not afraid to make mistakes; willing to find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Open-minded, hypothesis led, data-driven mindset
What tellic offers
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to transform an entire industry with data science, artificial intelligence and analytics
- Opportunity to get in early at a self-funded, profitable startup with massive growth potential
- Very competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, and equity plan
- Fun, inclusive culture that celebrates diversity and respects individuals and their contributions
- Competitive medical/dental/vision coverage
- 3 weeks of paid vacation + 15 holidays
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Convenient NYC location
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com