Do you want to be a part of the team that is changing drug research & development? Become a member of the core team that is bringing next generation data technologies to the world's top Pharmaceutical companies. At tellic, we are shaping $150 Billion of drug R&D decisions with solutions created from cutting-edge technologies including Python, Machine Learning, Spark, & Google Cloud Serverless. This is a chance to get in on the ground level at one of NYC's fastest growing tech startups in the white-hot space of Life Science AI.
At tellic, we value culture as much as technical craft. Our values include creating a highly collaborative team of A+ players who build cool stuff that drive a real business impact. In fact, the name tellic means "deliberate, with an outcome, and with impact." If you excel in a fast growing startup environment while also able to work both independently and collaborate with a team, then we are looking for you!
tellic is looking for an experienced, motivated, DevOps-minded software engineer to join us in maintaining and improving our innovative products and tools.
The Senior DevOps engineer will be responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack python environment running on Google Cloud Platform. This individual will partner with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to determine the best strategy for provide our customers with high-performance models and award-winning service.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for building and implementing infrastructure tools, automating the deployment pipeline, and working with development teams to help build scalable processes and tools. Candidate will support the CI/CD platform and be the key gatekeeper for the production environment.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, team-oriented, with strong written and verbal communication skills. This person should be an innate hacker is who is willing to do what it takes to solve problems.
Come see what it’s like to take on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment buzzing with smart people including our team of world class data scientists in areas of NLP, deep learning and Bayesian methods.
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure on the GCP platform using technologies like Python, Airflow, etc.
- Design scalable solutions that can seamlessly integrate with our customers’ technologies (AWS, on-prem Hadoop, etc.)
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
- Day-to-day collaboration with data scientists to influence design, and architect solutions in multitiered environments
- Orchestrate staging and production deployment
- Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Responsible for network architecture design and implementation
- Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
- 10+ years total experience
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps with heavy experience supporting production Python experience
- Produce clear documentation for delivered solution1-2 yrs cloud experience desired (GCP a +)
- Hands-on experience with operations support (e.g. job monitors, error handling, environment creation, etc.)
- Hands-on experience supporting Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Docker, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working with standard Big Data indexing and search technologies
- A leader and problem solver who is up for the task of being the only DevOps team member in the near term and is excited about growing the team in the longer term
- Be strong in troubleshooting technical issues, communicating and documenting procedures, and recommending architectural changes if necessary
- Some startup experience required
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an exciting, dynamic environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience. MS a +
- Must be willing to work full time out of an office located in NYC
- High energy; continuous desire to learn/grow; intellectual curiosity
- Self-sufficient, resourceful, able to work independently
- Not afraid to make mistakes; willing to find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Open-minded, hypothesis led, data-driven mindset
- Willing to take on anything and try to break the mold
What tellic offers
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to transform an entire industry with data science, artificial intelligence and analytics
- Opportunity to get in early at a self-funded, profitable startup with massive growth potential
- Very competitive compensation package with LLC "stock" plan
- Fun, inclusive culture that celebrates diversity and respects individuals and their contributions
- Competitive medical/dental/vision coverage
- 3 weeks of paid vacation + 15 holidays
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Beautiful office with kitchen
- Convenient NYC location
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com