We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of data science experts. This person will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing and applying machine learning models to the data flow.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Python developer, data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will partner with our data scientists to ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Candidates must be self-directed and comfortable supporting all aspects of the pipeline, the data and programming needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, re-design infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Google Cloud Platform (“GCP”) technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing tellic’s product into an innovative industry leader
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- 5+ years of education and experience in a Data Engineer role, and a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experience developing and testing full stack production Python systems
- DevOps experience including building, testing & deploying systems for continuous delivery
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, data sets and machine learning models. Google-certified professional a plus (we will support ongoing GCP training and certifications)
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Strong analytic skills related to working with and indexing unstructured datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Experience implementing streaming data for data science platforms
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience working with large volumes of structured and unstructured data in a Machine Learning environment
- Strong desire to be in a fast growing startup environment and build next generation machine learning infrastructure
- Relentless problem solver, willing to do whatever it take
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with cross functional teams and external industry partners as needed
- Experience with GCP cloud services: BigQuery, Cloud DataFlow, App Engine, Kubernetes, Cloud Machine Learning, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Cloud Pub/Sub, Apache Beam SDK, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- High energy; continuous desire to learn/grow; intellectual curiosity
- Self-sufficient, resourceful, able to work independently
- Not afraid to make mistakes; willing to find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Open-minded, hypothesis led, data-driven mindset
- Willing to take on anything and try to break the mold
What tellic offers
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to transform an entire industry with data science, artificial intelligence and analytics
- Opportunity to get in early at a self-funded, profitable startup with massive growth potential
- Autonomy; partial work remote option
- Very competitive compensation package with LLC "stock" plan
- Fun, inclusive culture that celebrates diversity and respects individuals and their contributions
- Competitive medical/dental/vision coverage
- 3 weeks of paid vacation + 15 holidays
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Beautiful office with kitchen
- Convenient NYC location
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org