Do you want to be a part of the team that is reinventing drug research & development? tellic is searching for an experienced, motivated Data Engineer to implement and support our cutting-edge data science tools for the pharmaceutical industry.
Become a member of the core team that is bringing next-generation data technologies to the world's top pharmaceutical companies. At tellic, we are shaping $150 billion of pharmaceutical R&D decisions using cutting-edge data science technology. This is a chance to get in on the ground level at one of NYC's fastest-growing tech startups in the white-hot space of life science AI.
At tellic, we value culture as much as technical craft. Our values include creating a highly collaborative team of A+ players who build cool stuff that drives a real business impact. In fact, the name tellic means "deliberate, with an outcome, and with impact."
The Data Engineer will be responsible for scaling Python code, models, and NLP technology to the terabyte level on Google Cloud and our customers’ on-prem environments. This individual will partner with data scientists and DevOps to determine the best strategy for providing our customers with high-performance models, tools, and award-winning service. The ideal candidate will be an innate hacker who loves learning new things, redefining standard practices and is willing to do what it takes to solve problems.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assist in converting R&D projects to production-ready Python code
- Architect scalable solutions that can handle data at the terabyte level
- Work with the Data Science, DevOps and Product teams to design product solutions that seamlessly function in our internal environments and customer sites
- BS in computer science or related technical field or equivalent experience (MS is a plus)
- 5+ years of experience supporting data science pipelines in Python
- Cloud experience required (GCP a plus)
- Hands-on experience supporting Big Data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark)
- Some startup experience required
- Experience scaling data science routines for high-throughput processes at the terabyte level
- Developing and testing full stack production Python systems
- Willingness to assist DevOps as needed
- Experience building and optimizing Big Datadata pipelines, architectures, datasets, and machine learning models. Google-certified professional a plus (we will support ongoing GCP training and certifications)
- Experience working with large volumes of structured and unstructured data in a machine learning environment
- Strong desire to be in a fast-growing startup environment and build next-generation machine learning infrastructure
- High energy; continuous desire to learn/grow; intellectual curiosity
- Relentless problem solver, willing to do whatever it takes
- Self-sufficient, resourceful, able to work independently
- Not afraid to make mistakes; willing to find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Open-minded, hypothesis led, data-driven mindset
- Willing to take on anything and try to break the mold
What tellic offers
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to transform an entire industry with data science, artificial intelligence and analytics
- Opportunity to get in early at a self-funded, profitable startup with massive growth potential
- Very competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, and equity plan
- Fun, inclusive culture that celebrates diversity and respects individuals and their contributions
- Competitive medical/dental/vision coverage
- 3 weeks of paid vacation + 15 holidays
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Convenient NYC location
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org